Reports to: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Who We Are:
North Star Radiology is dedicated to providing patients and physicians with advanced, sub-specialized expertise and the highest levels of excellence in radiological services. Our staff incorporates the latest technology in medical imaging and image-guided therapy into cost-effective clinical practice. We actively maintain a leadership role in providing these services to the medical community and collaborate with other health care providers to continuously improve patient care. Our shared values include mutual respect, teamwork, superior service, professionalism and confidentiality.
Under general supervision, the MRI Technologist will perform MR imaging procedures on appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols of the individual site radiologist. Additional responsibilities include providing procedure-related patient care and education, maintaining records and documentation of procedures, and enforcing magnetic field safety for MRI patients, operators, staff and visitors. This position will require someone who can work effectively independently, as well as part of a team.
North Star Radiology offers competitive compensation, as well as an extraordinary work environment. This is a full-time, Monday-Friday position, with a generous employee benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance premiums and 401k matching.
- Perform MR imaging procedures on appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols of the individual site radiologist.
- Complete and sign patient screening forms and appropriately explain procedures to the patient.
- Obtain necessary consent from patients before conducting procedures.
- Maintain patient care, comfort and safety during exams.
- Under the guidance and approval of site radiologist, administers contrast agents according to site specific needs.
- Ensure images and documentation are put into PACS in a timely manner.
- Communicate with front desk staff any changes that may alter patient schedule flow.
- Provide optimal customer service and patient care, while utilizing AIDET service principles in all encounters.
- Perform equipment quality checks and troubleshoot problems; call for service and notify appropriate management when necessary.
- Enforce magnetic field safety for MRI patients, operators, staff and visitors.
- Maintain equipment service manual, delivery schedule and all related statistics.
- Maintain and clean all equipment in accordance with required decontamination procedures.
- May perform work in other imaging modalities as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by radiologist and management.
Required Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of a certified radiology technologist program.
- Current ARRT certification, with advanced certification in MRI.
- Current CPR certification for healthcare providers.
- Minimum 2-year MRI clinical experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of current MRI scanning procedures.
- Working knowledge of current MRI protocols.
- Proficient in:
- Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Accessing and navigating company intranet for forms, policies and procedures;
- Accessing and entering data on organization-wide software;
- And accessing and using internet resources when required in order to perform job duties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate findings to reading radiologist and interact in a positive and professional manner with patients and their family members.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with physicians, co-workers, patients and their families.
- Ability to scan for up to 8 hours in a day.
- Competitive Compensation (DOE)
- Employer Paid Medical monthly premiums
- Employer Paid AD&D Life Insurance
- PAID Vacation, PAID Extended Illness, PAID Holiday
- Generous 401(k) Plan
Submit resume by email to email@example.com